Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moving forward

I'm terrible at resolutions.  I'm all gung-ho about them in the beginning, then, at about May or so, I lose steam and forget about them all together.

But that doesn't stop me from setting some goals for myself anyway.


I bought this Daruma doll at the Hokkaido shrine on New Year's day.  You paint one eye, and make a goal or wish for yourself.  When you've accomplished the goal, you can paint the other eye.  I figured this will be a nice reminder to keep at it this year.  So here's what's up for 2012;


  • BE MORE ADVENTUROUS
I've always veered on the side of caution my whole life.  This year, I want to take more chances, and step out of my comfort zone a bit.  Does that mean I'll be jumping out of a plane this year?  Heck no, but it does mean that I'm gonna speak more Japanese, more hiking, be more active, and maybe even take up skiing lessons.  

  • MORE QUALITY TIME WITH MY MAN
Nathan and I have been married for 13 years, so it's easy to get into a routine, even when living overseas.  We're making it a priority to have at least one date a month - just a special time for the two of us where we can connect with each other.  This is actually starting today: Nathan booked us a room at a spa in Jozankei where we're gonna get massages, soak in hot springs, and just hang out with each other.  A great way to start the year, I'd say!

  • LEARN TO PLAY MY UKELELE
It's about time I learned an instrument, and I've always like the ukelele, ever since I used to play around with my mom's as a kid.  I can't wait to be able to play old songs from the 1930s!

Well, there you have it.  Here's to a great new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment