Sunday, April 14, 2013

Odds and Ends

We're getting back into a routine here at the Robinson household.  Well, I am anyway.  After a two-month pity party, I'm back on the Japanese study wagon again.  I'm trying to be more serious about my studying, and doing a little something every day.  And I'm back to exercising again, after a two-week sick leave.  I love my zumba classes, and now that the snow is gone (yippee!!!), I can ride my bike again.  My little mama-cheri (what the little cheap bikes are called in Japan) has only one gear, so it can be quite a workout.  I also try to practice my ukulele every evening, and I'm getting pretty good at a few songs, if I do say so.

And it's good to be back in the classroom, after almost a month of not teaching.  The new first graders seem very sweet, and I look forward to teaching them all.  In fact, the more I teach at Keihoku, the more I realize that I am perfectly suited for this job.  Too bad it's not forever...

Anyway, here's some photos I've taken over the last week or so.  Just some odds of ends of my daily life.

Japan doesn't really have "bad words" like we do in English, so I don't think they quite grasp the meaning of this word sometimes, haha.

On the way to work one morning, I spotted this jacket.

Sometimes I just love the English on Japanese things.

This was Friday morning, and I was not happy about it.  Luckily, it melted by the afternoon.

A Japanese girl group.   Not sure I want to know what demographic they're trying to appeal to.

Ethan last night at karaoke, singing some Beastie Boys.  He's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment