Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Plan B Tree (or Siouxsie vs. Christmas)

It was bound to happen, folks.

Last Wednesday, after many attempts to communicate to Siouxsie that the tree was off-limits, she finally brought down our small Christmas tree.  I walked into our home to find the tree was its side, and the ornaments strewn all over the place.  I decided then and there that kittens and Christmas trees don't mix, so Ethan and I put the tree away.



But I was determined to have some kind of tree in our home, even if it was not very traditional.  Something that Siouxsie couldn't destroy.


We have a rather large wall in our dining room, so I decided to get a little creative and make a tree out of a string of Christmas lights we had.  I think it turned out quite nice.


Siouxsie has pawed at the lights a bit, but she's not really interested.  And the glow of the lights are really nice at night.  Christmas isn't ruined after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment