Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Homeland



Tomorrow, I'll be heading off to good ol' Texas.  I feel a little strange about it, actually, as I haven't been in the United States for 2 years!  Will it be different?  Will I be different?

Here's some things I'm looking forward to in Texas:


Family


My sister, me, my dad, his twin brother, my grandmother, and Ethan (looking so small) about 4 years ago.
Although skype has been a God send when I wanted to talk with folks back home, I absolutely cannot wait to see them all in the flesh and give them huge hugs.  My sister and I were talking about how this has been the longest we've ever not seen each other.  It's gonna be so great to see everyone!


Friends and Ex-students (and Ex-Students who've become friends)


Hitting a llama pinata with some of my ex-students from Randall High School.  God, this had to have been about 6 years ago!!
I started teaching at Randall High School when I was 23 years old.  I feel so lucky to have had that experience, because those kids really were the best (even when they drove me crazy)!  Now, lots of them are married and have jobs and stuff.  If there's still any of them around, I really want to catch up.

There's also some friends from college days and such I really want to see.  People I haven't seen in ages.


Food


Oh dear God, the food.

Mexican food is what I'm looking most forward to.  But let's not discriminate here - hamburgers, baked potatoes, snow cones, SONIC!  The plethora of Thai food restaurants in Canyon!

I'm going to gain 10 pounds on this trip, I just know it.


Driving a Car




Pumpin' some gas...

I haven't driven a car in two years, and my Honda Element is waiting for me.  This should be interesting.  Let's all hope I drive on the right side of the road...


Change of Scenery


Like this:



I gotta say, I'm kinda excited to see a West Texas sunset.

See y'all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment