Monday, October 18, 2010

It was a good weekend

What a wonderful, busy weekend we had!

Saturday was the Fall Festival at Hokkaido International School, which Nate and I were part of the planning committee. We were in charge of tickets, and since apparently Japan doesn't have those rolls of tickets, we had to print over 2,000 of them and cut them out by hand. But we got them cut, and I think that the Festival was a success!






As you can see, lots of people showed up which meant lots of cute Japanese kids in costumes. I mean, look at that Mario! I asked Ethan if he wanted to dress up, but in true pre-teen fashion, he said no. And yes, that is Ethan in a "jail" of some kind. You could pay one ticket to have someone put in jail for 5 minutes. Sweet revenge.

Saturday was Nate's birthday, but since we were at the school all day that day, I decided to have a party for him on Sunday. I invited some of our extended family to eat with us at Jacksonville Burgers, which is without a doubt the BEST burgers I have ever tasted in my life! So our little party of 15 or so took up the entire place for about 2 and a half hours. Even my JTE and her new husband came!





After we had our fill of burgers and shakes, everyone came to our house for cake. Ethan entertained us with the latest song he learned in his guitar lessons:


No comments:

Post a Comment