Monday, January 17, 2011

348 days to go....

So far I've been really good about my goal of a picture a day. It's no surprise that most of the pics are snow related, as snow has become a prominent figure in my life. It snowed all day today - honestly I've never seen so much snow in my life. Not that I'm complaining...



Day 11: snuggling under the covers with Ethan. Dang, it's cold here.
Day 12: I love the way the snow sits on top of the trees and the fence posts. Expect lots of snowy tree pictures in the future.
Day 13: Seriously. Those icicles could kill a man.
Day 14: Ethan's bike buried under this week's snow. Snowpocalypse ain't got nothing on us.

Day 15: Gyoza at our favorite spot.
Day 16: Ok, so I didn't take this photo, my friend Fay did, but it's so great that I had to include it. We had a little Sumikawa apartment get-together last night, which included lots of food, Apples to Apples, and Wii Just Dance. Nathan and Scarlett are jamming to Eye of the Tiger.

In other news, I started at my new school, Hokuyo Junior High, on Friday. Friday was a ceremonial Opening Ceremony day, since the students were returning from Winter Holiday. The Opening Ceremony included me speaking to the entire student body of 500, and believe me, you don't know nervous until you hear 500 kids whispering about you as you step onto a stage. After my intro, the whole school sang their school song for me. Yes, all 500 of them, and they sounded beautiful! I was told by the principal that the school is very proud of their choral program, which seemed obvious to me as they all sang so well, even the principal. Today I had three classes with first grade, and they students are very sweet. Who knows, maybe I'll even join the chorus club!


No comments:

Post a Comment