Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Take a picture it'll last longer

Apologies for the long absence. Our little laptop's hard drive tuckered out on us last week, which meant a visit to the Apple Store. Most of the workers spoke some English, but even with the language barrier, I knew what "Hardu-durive, trouble" meant. They told they had to order the new hard drive, and that it would take a week. Now, the Robinson clan has become quite dependent upon our handy dandy laptop, and the few days we were without it felt like an eternity. How would we watch our nightly movies? The Daily Show? We might actually have to talk to each other!! But survive we did, thanks to books and field trips and *ahem* our iphones. Yea technology!

**Public Service announcement** Let this be a lesson to you, kids: Always back up your precious materials onto an external hard drive. We had seriously just bought ours and backed everything up a week before our hard drive crashed, and thank goodness we did. Crisis averted!

So with that out of the way, on to the good stuff. Another goal I've set for myself this year is to take more pictures. Not that I want to be a professional photographer or anything, but I just want to be better at capturing moments. So I'm going to do what many bloggers have done before me and take the 365 challenge, taking at least a photo a day for the whole year. It motivates me to play around with the Hipstamatic camera app on my phone, and I love the effects it gives photos. Here's what I got so far:

Day 1: Nathan reading. He's the most voracious reader I know.

Day 2: Ethan's quite the reader himself. Caught him doing some early morning reading.

Day 3: While Nate and I were having a brisk walk around parts of Sumikawa we hadn't explored, I took this. Part of the Toyohira River. Downtown Sapporo in the distance.

Day 4: In a model shop Ethan likes to go to. This place was so full of boxes of models and other things, that it was hard for us to walk through!

Day 5: Ethan practicing on his acoustic guitar.

Day 6: Stuff next to our bed. Playing around with light and flash.

Day 7: The snow cometh. It snowed for 2 straight days.

Day 8: Between snow storms, Ethan demonstrates how much it snowed in one day.

Day 9: The Texas Burger. Beef patty, chili, cheese, onions, and some kind of delicious relish. For McDonald's I have to admit it's pretty good. Maybe they're just tugging at my Texas heartstrings.


Day 10: Looking at one of the stages at the Sapporo Cultural Center to see one of my elementary students perform in an operetta. One of the nice parents I worked with invited me, and I brought Ethan along. The daughter's the same age as Ethan, and I think she took a shine to him. Ethan played it cool.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a picture for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment