Monday, April 4, 2011

271 days to go...

Day 87: Sunday dinner was a twist on the American classic - steak and mashed potatoes with a Japanese mushroom sauce. Delicious!!

Day 88: My beautiful flowers from Hokuyo. Still looking beautiful now, even after a week.

Day 89: My little Hokuyo bouquet.

Day 90: Can't believe I've never taken a picture of this. This is on the toilet in our bathroom. Just in case you need directions on how to use a Western toilet, I suppose...

Day 91: It's election time in Sapporo. This is one of the candidates for something, out talking on the streets. Note that he's standing on a box.

Day 92: Took this picture to show the new photo project I put up on our wall. But notice to the right the ugly blue thing they call a sofa...

Day 93: ...and behold, our brand spankin' new sofa bed, finally delivered after I ordered it three weeks ago (the earthquake stalled deliveries from Tokyo). I'm sitting on it right now, and let me tell you, it was worth it!

****

Last night was our first-ever Ladies Night; a bunch of us got together and had drinks at a bar called Electric Sheep and then karaoke. It was the most fun I've had in such a long time! I have a tendency to become a hermit here with my little family, the effect of which is that I've never really had too many close friends. But I think it's good for me to get out once in a while and just enjoy myself! And that's certainly what we all did last night as we karaoke-d (new word) into the wee hours of the morning. We talked, sang, danced, and laughed the night away, and even though I may have had one too many drinks (ahem..), I woke up this morning so happy that I got to hang out with such an incredible group of women. I feel another Ladies Night is in our future....maybe around my birthday?


No comments:

Post a Comment