Tuesday, July 19, 2011

167 days to go...

Day 191: This is what Japan humidity does to my hair. I've given up even trying to straighten it. My students think I got a perm, haha.

Day 192: Ethan's latest foray into adolescence. Didn't we all have one of these signs on our bedroom doors?

Day 193: Should I be concerned that this is in the corner of the teacher's room?

Day 194: Three of my cute ichi nensei students.

Day 195: Reach for the stars, kid.

Day 196: My pretty houseplants.
Day 197: Clock in the courtyard of our apartment complex.


****

  • This is my last full week at Hitsujigaoka. This has prompted some of the ni nensei boys to profess their love for me. It's a little hard to conduct a class when the only English they'll say is, "You are beautiful". Nice pick-me-up, though!
  • I love riding my bike. Riding to the subway train in the morning gives me such joy. And I've made friends with the old men who work at the station guarding/putting the bikes in order. I started telling them good morning about a month ago, and now it seems as if they wait for me every morning.
  • I feel like I've hit a wall in learning Japanese. Sometimes it seems like I've learned so much, and then other day I'll have no idea what anyone is trying to tell me, and it feels like I'm back to square one. I am confidant in my reading/writing of hiragana and katakana, and I've started learning some kanji. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment