Tuesday, July 12, 2011

174 days to go...

Day 185: Nate and Ethan playing Wii

Day 186: Four-leaf clover given to me by a student.

Day 187: The tiniest sparkler. Leftovers from 4th of July.

Day 188: This one the next night was a little bigger.

Day 189: Band playing at the Hiragishi High School Festival. This brought back good memories of watching my Randall High students play in their bands...

Day 190: I don't think it was quite Sunday when this picture was taken, but I love it so much I had to include it. Kele, Adrienne, me, and Tim. We all came here together last year, and proud to call them my friends. Here's to another great year!

****

  • It's been hot around these parts lately. I mean, it's not 100 degrees or anything, but it's the humidity that makes it feel so gross.
  • Blame it on the 4th of July, but lately I've really been missing the US. Maybe not so much the US (although I'd give anything for some good Tex-Mex), but the people there. I wish we could afford to fly there this summer!!
  • I have about two more weeks left at Hitsujigaoka, and I must say, those students have grown on me. Many of the students have finally come out of their shell, and are comfortable talking with me. I'll especially miss kids like Daisuke, who plays thumb war with me every day, and I always win. Sometimes I think he just lets me win...

No comments:

Post a Comment