Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Merry Christmas


'Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse.

Because we're exhausted.

Nate's taking a nap, Ethan's listening to music (his new pastime), and I'm on the internet (my forever pastime).  We're all recouping from a wonderfully fun and busy Christmas.

Ethan had us up at his usual Christmas time: 8:30.  This is really the first Christmas that Ethan didn't receive any type of toy - those have now been replaced with guitar accessories and music stuffs.  As Ethan wore his new headphones and Ramones t-shirt, Nate and I realized that Ethan has entered into his teenager uniform.  And I couldn't be happier about it; the boy loves the music we've introduced him to (ex. Nirvana, Weezer, The White Stripes).  Takuya gave him a Jimi Hendrix album.  And when he's not listening to  music, he's making it on his guitar.  Could this kid get any cooler?



Nate got lots of presents for his new hobby, running.  Let me tell ya, this boy is serious about his running. It inspires me to do something to get in shape (*cough, cough*  maybe in the new year...)

I received some makeup, clothing, chocolate (the holy trinity of presents), but perhaps my favorite present was the ukelele Nathan and Ethan bought for me.  Now I can learn an instrument!

Our Christmas isn't complete without our traditional breakfast of German apple pancakes and bacon and eggs.

Later that evening, we had some friends over for a Christmas party.  It was so great having so many of our friends over - eating and tons of yummy food, and lots of good conversation.  And of course, some guitar hero.  Gotta have that.




Today, it's windy and snowy out; a perfect day for cuddling inside and taking it easy after a long, fun Christmas day.  Even though we couldn't be with our family back home, we feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends here in Japan that have become like our extended family.  If I say that the friendships we've created this year are the greatest presents we've received this Christmas, is that too cheesy?  Ah, whatever, cheesy it is!  Happy Holidays everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment