Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Merry and Bright

Decorating for the holidays here in Japan has been a bit of a challenge for me: I'm not crazy about the decorations available here, and most importantly, I don't want to spend a lot of money on holidays decor, since we won't stay here forever.  My solution the last two years has been to make the decorations for our little tree.  Last year, it was origami, but this year I wanted something different.


Is it just me, or is our tree a little lopsided?


With the exception of the silver tinsel on the tree that I bought at the 100 yen store, everything was handmade by me.  I was super excited to learn how to make pom-poms this year, so the tree is covered with blue and white ones.  I enjoyed cutting the snowflakes out for the balcony window as well.  It's simple and modest, and I have to admit, I like it that way.  Although sometimes I do miss my silver tree and vintage ornaments from back home...


No comments:

Post a Comment