Monday, February 27, 2012

My Boy

My boy turned 13 this past Thursday.

I now officially have a teenager.  How did this happen?

It seems like only yesterday that he was a little fuzzy headed cutie, like the pictures below.





My mom sent me these pictures with Ethan's birthday package.  I'd never realized it until now, but I guess he's always had an interest in the guitar.  It makes me so happy to know that music is an important part of his life (and that he has a great musical taste)!

I used to carry this boy in my arms, let him sleep in our bed when he had nightmares, and play cowboys and indians with him.


And now, he's taller than me, can literally lift me up, and has turned out to be an all-around courteous and kind person.  What a blessed person I am to have such a wonderful son.

I can't stop him from growing up, and even though I want him to stay my "little boy", I can't wait to see what kind of man he turns out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment