Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kawaii DIY

Our Japanese kitchen has taken some getting used to.  Not only does it not have a full size oven (just a small range and little fish cooker), but it was seriously lacking in storage space.  A few metal shelving units were left for us from our predecessors, so one of them became our pantry for non-perishable foods and snacks.  It did the job, but I hated that our food was out there for all to see.

My mom sent me some tea towels made by one of my favorite Swedish designers, and I was at a loss about what to do with them.  And then it came to me: Curtains for the pantry!


Fortunately, they were the perfect size for our shelves.  This was so easy to do, I'm ashamed to even call it a DIY, since all I did was attach safety pins to the towels and then attach the safety pins to those rings you buy at office supply stores.  Et voila - a cute little pantry.



It's the little things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment