Saturday, May 12, 2012

Forever 21

My birthday was on Friday, and I'm not ashamed to say it..................

......I turned 32.

However, the running joke has been that I'm turning 21 with my friends.  It doesn't make any sense, as I have a 13 year old son, but anyways.

Some of my friends were kind enough to take my out to eat at a great place in Sumikawa.  We drank, ate, and talked the night away.  Takuya and I were planning to practice after that (we were playing a friend's wedding party the next day), but our friends convinced us to come to karaoke after dinner.  So we did!  I can't pass up karaoke, you know.

The performance was still great.  I guess karaoke is good practice!

This is one of my old students from Hokuyo.  He now goes to my friend's school, so she sent me this picture, haha, too cute!





On Saturday, we had a wedding to go to, and didn't get home 'til about 8:00 in the evening.  When we did, Ethan had set this up for me:


A few packages from my parents had come in, and he had set this all up just for me!  Notice the sign he wrote, "Happy 21st Birthday!"  Haha, I've trained my son well.

All in all, it's been a great - and tiring - weekend.  I feel so completely blessed to have such great friends who have really become like our second family.  They make living in Japan such a blast.  As my good buddy Mark says, "I'm not getting older, I'm leveling up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment