Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Big 1-4

On Saturday, we celebrated Ethan's birthday.

His 14th birthday.  Just let that set in a moment.

I'm sure people are tired of me moaning about how fast he's grown, or that I can't believe I have a 14 year old son.  But I can't help it!!  Where did my baby go?!?!

We started off his birthday with a french toast breakfast (his favorite) and a skype call with my parents.  We had received a package from them a few days earlier, but Ethan waited to open his presents until they could watch.


Received some books, a model airplane set, a hoodie, and a nice winter cap.  There was a gift in there from aunt Rachel too - a card game.  We got him a computer game he had really been wanting.  Boys are so easy to shop for, really.  For Ethan, it's either guitar stuff or video game stuff.  You can't go wrong with either of those things!  Another "present" we got him was.....a shaving lesson with Nathan!  The boy's been sporting a pretty creepy mustache for a while, and it was finally time to tell it goodbye.  He now has his own razor and everything.  I took a picture, but Ethan requested I not put it up for all to see.  I wonder why?  Haha!  Another present he requested is a skateboard, which will come later in the year.  Sapporo's still covered in snow anyway.

Later in the evening, we went to Jacksonville Burgers with some friends, as Ethan requested.  Of course, I'll take any excuse to go to Jacksonville.  After the burgers, Seichii brought out the cake we'd bought him.


Not 14 candles, mind you, but I think the sparkler made up for that.



I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm so proud of Ethan.  He's an amazing kid young man, and being his mom has been one of my proudest moments.  He's smart, funny, and has a great taste in music (I think Nathan and I will take credit for that one).  He has an amazing imagination, and wants to be a writer some day.  He's quiet, but he speaks his own mind when he needs to and isn't easily swayed by the crowd.

In short, we love you Ethan!  May your 14th year be an awesome one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment