Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tea for Two


After I left Hokuyo Junior High School two years ago (has it really been that long?), I started meeting one of the teachers with whom I was really close.  She was the teacher in charge of me, and I worked with her the most out of all the teachers.  She's probably about my mom's age, but we really hit it off right from the start, and we've been meeting almost monthly ever since.

We drink tea and I tell her about what's going on at Keihoku and what Ethan and Nathan are up to.  She would tell me the latest Hokuyo gossip and how my favorite teachers and students were doing.  The last time we'd met had been in March, when there was still snow on the ground and a chill in the air, and it felt strange to have not seen her in such a long time.

So we finally got together last Saturday at the Grand Hotel for some afternoon tea.  Meeting and talking with her is like talking with family.  It's funny how people you've only known for two (almost three) years can become that way.  My little extended family in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment