Monday, July 1, 2013

This blogging business






Man, am I a terrible blogger.  What am I saying, I'm not really a blogger.  If anything, I do this for my friends and family back home.  As exotic as it might be that we're Americans living in Japan, my life has not really been all that exciting - or at least interesting enough to write about.  But I love my life here, and what I do.  Here's some of the highlights from the past week.


  • Regular classes at Keihoku were cancelled on Friday so that the entire student body could go see the baseball team play.  We unfortunately didn't win, but it was fun to cheer along with the kids on a beautiful afternoon.
  • After a wonderfully crazy Friday night with friends, I welcomed a slow and lazy weekend.  I caught up on reading magazines, while Ethan played guitar.
  • Speaking of Ethan, in an attempt to get him out of the house during his summer vacation, I got him in Japanese calligraphy class with our Japanese language teacher.  She was sweet enough to buy him a calligraphy kit, and this was his first assignment.  It says, "climb the clouds, walk on the moon."  
I promise (for anyone interested) that I'll be better about updating this thing.  I have a few more entry ideas in the works, so stayed tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment