Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sarah and Takuya: Last Live of the Year

I can't believe I'm just getting around the writing about this.  Like every other month, September just flew by.

On September 4, Takuya and I had our last Live performance of the year at Mellow.  It was a bittersweet performance, because not only was it our last performance, but it was the first Live we've had that Mark, our #1 fan, wasn't there.  His contract with the Sapporo BoE was up, and he had returned back to the States just a few days before.




I received the nicest compliment from a guy who'd seen Takuya and I sing at the May Studio Party a few months ago.  He said our voice complimented each other so well and it was like we'd been singing together for years!  I kid that Takuya is my Japanese brother, but I truly think we have that kind of connection, and that's really what I enjoy most about singing with him.

There's no doubt that I'm gonna miss our monthly practices and performances - It was because of Takuya that I started singing again and he challenged me to be more confident.  But I'm also excited about some other singing opportunities that have opened up to me.  Most of all, I'm just happy that people enjoy what we do for fun.  A HUGE thanks to all our friends who have supported us and have come to all our shows.  This may be our last Live this year, but hopefully it's not forever!!

If you'd like to hear our show, and a few other things we've recorded, check out Takuya's SoundCloud here.


No comments:

Post a Comment