Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Circling the World in a Day

Every year there is an all-day event for Sapporo high school students called Circle the World.  It's a time where students can learn about various cultures through activities and presentations, while communicating in English.  This year, my school was in charge of the event, so my colleague Grady and I organized the ALT presentations and helped with getting the day prepared.  We'd been working and preparing for this since late summer, so it was a relief to see the day go so well, and for all the students and ALTs enjoying themselves.






We had workshops on Maori Haka, pinata making, Philippine food, and lots more.  After lunch, Japanese culture classes were taught by various English clubs.

Oh, and did I mention that at the end of the day I taught everyone some Texas line dancing?  Seeing 100 people dancing the dance you just taught them is quite a sight, let me tell you.

Afterwards, we had a much needed Mega-Beer at TK6.



I'm super grateful to all the ALTs and teachers who came out and helped make Circle the World another success.  I really do work with some of the best people in Japan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment