Monday, November 25, 2013

The Listmaker

Lately, I've felt as if my mind's been a bit all over the place.  So many things have been happening the past few months, and it's been hard to keep up.  I love all these things, of course, but I've been feeling quite overwhelmed.

I've always been a list maker, as long as I can remember, but the past few months I haven't been making them.  And just when I was feeling particularly stressed about all the things I needed to do this weekend, I decided to list them out.


  • Pay bills - US and Japan
  • Make Ethan's caterpillar costume
  • Go to the grocery store
  • Pick up dry cleaning
  • Buy Christmas presents
  • Practice "True Love" on the ukulele
Etc....
I wrote them all, one by one, and it made such a difference for me to just see all the things on paper.  It felt even better to mark each one off - to actually see that I was getting things accomplished.  

Now I have about 3 lists floating around me - one for work, one for Christmas, and one for home stuff. What a difference a list makes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment