Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bits and Pieces










  • I had a lot of ripe bananas this Saturday morning, so I decided to make banana chocolate chip muffins and bread.  It was really delicious, and didn't last too long.
  • Ethan on his computer.  I'm thinking we're gonna have to set some limits on this thing...
  • Takuya, giving his blood, sweat, and tears for our live.
  • We performed at a Live with some other people at Mellow Saturday night.  This family band was so cute!!!
  • A bagpiper from Tokyo playing for the special Pub Live at Brian Brew
  • The Johnny Boys from Asahikawa.  Great punk music!
  • Nini and Wakaba with a special washboard player from Osaka.
  • Wakaba!
The weeks are busy with work now, and it was nice to get out and have a fun weekend with friends.  On Friday night, I met up with Maggie and Risa for some girl karaoke.  Then on Saturday, it was Takuya and I singing at Mellow for a last-minute invite.  Afterwards, we made our way to Brian Brew. Wakaba was playing, along with some other punk bands from around Japan.  I hadn't seen so many punk kids around since the Green House days (Rachel, you know what I'm talking about).  I love live music so much.  For me, there's just something about being with a crowd of sweaty, excited people, all swaying or dancing to the music.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting to old to do this kind of thing - I mean, I do have a 13 year old.  But then I think, "Who cares, I love it!"  And that's what really matters, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment