Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A special day

I love October.  There's a few reasons for this.  One, all the leaves start to change, and there's a wonderful chill in the air.  And the other is because mine and Nathan's wedding anniversary is October 3rd.

That's means we've now been married for 14 years!

Please excuse the bad pic.  I took a picture of the photo long ago, when I didn't have a scanner.

How is it that 14 years have gone by?  I mean, being 18 feels like forever ago, and it just doesn't feel like Nathan and I have been together that long.  I guess that's a good thing!

Nathan and I have practically grown up together.  We started dating when we were 16, and got married at 18.  Our ceremony was in a little place called The Wedding Chapel, and our bridesmaids and groomsmen were all our friends from high school.  We were young, naive, and had no idea what we were doing.

And yet here we are, 14 years later, still going strong.  I'd be lying if I said it's always been good times. We are only human after all, and love takes constant work and commitment.  But the payoff is that I have someone who loves me unconditionally.  He's accepted all of me - the good and the bad.

One day, I was in one of my moods, and I apologized to Nathan for having to put up with me.  He said, "Sarah, I love every flavor of you."  Isn't that the sweetest thing?

Happy anniversary, Nathan.  Here's to more flavorful years together!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I can't believe it...14 years. Here's to many, many more.

    ReplyDelete