Sunday, October 28, 2012

The good times keep coming










Having Rachel here for the last week has been lots of fun.  Luckily, Ethan was off this past week, so he was able to show Rachel around a bit, and have some aunt/ nephew time.  However, Ethan was not too enthused whenever I wanted to take Rachel shopping!

On Friday, Rachel had her first okonomiyaki.  I knew she would like it - I mean, what's not to love?  It's a savory pancake full of yummy goodness!  On Saturday, we walked around Hokkaido University, hoping to see some of the leaves changing, which I had heard were beautiful there.  We were a bit disappointed when there was like ONE tree that was a beautiful yellow.  Ah well, it was still nice.

Today, we went to Otaru with some friends.  I was a little wary at first, because the weather was absolutely horrible - windy and rainy and the kind of day where you just don't want to leave the house. But I was so glad we ended up going, because Rachel was able to eat kaiten (conveyor belt) sushi, and then we took a glass-bead making class.  Otaru is known for it's glass objects, and it was fun for everyone, I think.  Unfortunately, we were able to walk around since it was nasty outside, so I didn't get to show her the ocean, or the canals.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Having Rachel here with us has felt so natural - like she's been here all along.  I've taken her to some of my favorite shops, and restaurants.  We laugh and tell stories back at the apartment.  When she's here, I feel more like my complete self, if that makes any sense.  I have lots more fun stuff planned for us this week, like WAKABA on Sunday!  I have a feeling she's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment